This scholarship exists to honor the memory and life of Ricki Getzschman who was a graduate of Omaha Benson Magnet High School. It exists to help another Benson graduate achieve his/her academic goals which Ricki was unable to do. In order to help us achieve this goal we want you to know something about who Ricki was and we want to know something about who you are and how you hope to impact the world around you.
To provide an annual scholarship to a Benson High School graduate in honor of Ricki Getzschman.
Benson High School
- The recipient shall have attended Benson High School at least two years be a graduating senior from Benson High School.
- The student shall have demonstrated academic excellence ( GPA at least 3.0) and true positive participation in school and in life outside school.
- The student shall submit a two page (not to exceed three pages) essay on the subject matter asked in the reading.
- The student will also provide two references, one being a teacher or administrator.
- The recipient may pursue any field of study.
One scholarship of $2500 shall be awarded annually, payable to the college or University upon the Omaha Schools Foundation’s receipt of verification of enrollment from the institution chosen by the recipient.
The recipient shall be awarded $2500 each of the succeeding four years upon the Foundation’s receipt of a transcript from the college or university showing the recipient has maintained a 3.0 GPA and is a student in good standing. Said award to be paid to the college or university as before. Recipient shall also provide a brief letter regarding how each year has progressed, the struggles and successes, any interesting anecdotes, changes in goals and perceptions of the world, etc.
Selection of Recipients by:
The Getzschman family and selected friends of the family.
Omaha Schools Foundation.